2016 Faculty Professional Development Awards for Campus Internationalization
The Office of Global Engagement & the College of Liberal Arts are pleased to announce the 2016 Faculty Professional Development Awards for Campus Internationalization. These are highly competitive awards for tenured and tenure-track faculty. The awards are designed to enable faculty to participate in professional development activities related to comprehensive campus internationalization.
To encourage faculty to incorporate international and interdisciplinary ideas and resources in their research and teaching, the Office of Global Engagement and the College of Liberal Arts will grant 7 awards of up to $5000 for summer 2016. The Faculty Professional Development Awards for Campus Internationalization provide financial support to enable faculty to attend professional development seminars, conduct international research, strengthen international collaborations, or other related activities. All professional development activities should contribute to the University’s overall goal of comprehensive campus internationalization.
Applicants must submit the following documents electronically, preferably by email attachment, to Ms. Kim Russell at email@example.com:
- A NARRATIVE answering each question below in greater details:
- In what professional development activity do you plan to engage?
- What is the nature and structure of the activity, and for how long?
- How will this activity benefit you professionally?
- How will this activity contribute to overall campus internationalization at UM?
- A proposed BUDGET and amount requested.
- A LETTER of SUPPORT & APPROVAL from your department chair.
- A WRITTEN APPROVAL from your academic dean.
Application Deadline: February 22, 2016
Grants Recipients Announcement: March 21, 2016
Grant Work Completion Deadline: August 19, 2015
TERMS OF THE AWARD
- Awardees will be required to submit a report of their professional development activities and how they have or will contribute to campus internationalization by September 15, 2016.
- Awardees will be required to present their work in a workshop to be sponsored by the Office of Global Engagement during either the Fall or Spring Semester of 2016/2017 academic year.
DECLINING / RETURN OF AN AWARD
Please inform the Office of Global Engagement if you decide to decline or return the award.
Please direct any questions or concerns to any of the following: